We opted for a tour through the Danforth neighbourhood; the Danforth is famous for its food, and every year it hosts one of the largest food festivals in North America, the Taste of the Danforth. The area has been home to many Greek immigrants since the late 1950’s, so obviously there are some excellent Greek treats on offer, but recently it has become a much more diverse spot, as we experienced on our tour.
- Marvel Coffee
- Mother’s Dumplings (awesome, traditional dumplings)
- Mr. Pide (delicious Turkish pizza)
- Akropolis (cheesy, spinachy pastry)
- Alexandros Take - Out (the best gyros ever)
- Pan (meze, Greek wine and flaming uzo cheese)
- Athens (honey pastry ball things that were amazing)