- A female brown trout lays 1000 eggs, but only 1 in 100 survive to become adult fish
- Most fish can barely see a couple of metres in front of themselves, and can see much less when the water is muddy
- The incisors of a beaver never stop growing
- A snowflake is actually formed when water changes directly from a gas to a solid. Frozen raindrops are called sleet.
- Canada has the third highest amount of renewable fresh water in the world, placing behind Brazil and Russia.
- St. John's is the wettest capital city in Canada, recording an annual average 1,482 mm of rainfall per year. Plus, there is some form of precipitation 217 days of the year.
Here are some more pictures of our day!